No injuries were reported after a fire at Ono Family Restaurant late Friday night, Dec. 6. Nora Shelly and Matt Eyer, Wochit
Although the flames were out and the only crews left at Ono Family Restaurant were sweeping up debris on Saturday morning, an acrid burning smell still hung over the restaurant that was destroyed in an overnight fire.
The fire started just after 11 p.m. Friday, Northern Lebanon Fire and Emergency Services Fire Commissioner Rob Taylor said. The flames weren’t out until about 3:30 a.m. Saturday, he said.
No one was inside when the fire broke out, Taylor said, and none of the countless firefighters who responded were injured.
There is no indication of what started the fire or where it started in the building, Taylor said. A state police investigator was on the scene Saturday morning.
The building is a total loss.
On Saturday morning, a burnt chair could be seen in the parking lot surrounded by plastic water bottles. What remained of a table was hanging out one of the low-lying building’s windows, and the roof on one corner of the building had caved in.
Insulation and pieces of the restaurant’s roof were strewn about, and burn marks could be seen where the brick walls of the restaurant still stood. The side of the restaurant facing Lincoln School Road had heavy damage, as did the back of the restaurant.
Just two windows in the far corner of the building remained intact.
Ono Family Restaurant, on the corner of Route 22 and Lincoln School Road in East Hanover Township, had re-opened in May 2018 under new ownership. The building used to house the former Farmer’s Wife Restaurant.
The owners could not be reached for comment.
Read or Share this story: https://www.ldnews.com/story/news/2019/12/07/fire-destroys-ono-family-restaurant-northern-lebanon-county-pa-route-22-lincoln-school-orad/4364446002/