Five former Penn State football players will be on NFL Super Bowl rosters this year, according to a look at the rosters by the Shreveport Times.
The Penn State, LSU and Iowa are tied for the most players on the combined rosters of the Kansas City Chiefs and San Francisco 49ers, who will play for the Lombardi Trophy on Feb.
Here are the Penn State players on Super Bowl rosters, along with their position, age and number of years in the NFL:
- Kansas City: Jordan Lucas, S, 26, 4
- Kansas City: Stefen Wisniewski, G, 30, 9
- San Francisco: Robbie Gould, K, 37, 15
- San Francisco: Kevin Givens, DL, 22, R
- San Francisco: Anthony Zettel, DL, 27, 4
Another Pennsylvania university, Pitt, isn’t far behind three players on Super Bowl rosters, including Harrisburg native LeSean McCoy. Temple and Villanova each have one player representing.